Sunday, November 02, 2008

Hooray for voting early

Two and a half hours standing next to an obnoxious old lady who wouldn't stop talking to me. But worth it.

Here were some of my better picks:

State propositions:

- Yes on a California bullet train;
- No on the new animal cages (sorry, chickens about to be eaten);
- Yes on Children's Hospitals;
- No on parental notification before abortions;
- No on the fake renewable energy initiative;
- No on banning gay marriage;
- No on forcing us all to start using alternative fuel vehicles;
- Yes on Veteran's Bond Act

City propositions:

- No on the poorly-thought-out prostitution decriminalization initiative (if you're going to legalize it, you also have to regulate and tax it);
- Yes on rethinking banning the JROTC;
- No on yelling about de-funding the War in Iraq (just not useful);

And, because it appeals to my humor streak, Yes on renaming the sewage treatment plant. (My parents disagreed: my mother said she didn't want to pay for it and my father said he doesn't want anything named after Bush.)

2 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

I probably should have voted early, but what the hell, tomorrow should be interesting.

Friar Yid (not Shlita) said...

For me the issue was that I had to be teaching at 8:00 am and had a night class on Tuesday and there was no way I was going to have time to wait interminably without waking up at something like 4 in the morning to go stand on line.

I was also extremely pleased as I watched it monsooning out my window this afternoon that I wasn't stuck waiting in line with an umbrella as my only protection. Hopefully the current downpour won't affect voter turnout here in the Bay Area.