Thursday, September 13, 2007

It's that time again

A Shanah Tova to all my readers, perusers, and occasional commenters. Please enjoy this blast from the past.

Usually I'm good about not singing my stupid songs when actually in shul, but today the rabbi pulled a dirty trick on us and made us sing Avinu Malkeinu twice, without any justification, so I felt zero guilt belting it- it wasn't as if people could hear me, anyway.

Oh, and our standby Reform shul, Temple Ol'Faithful, really needs to switch to Mishkan T'Fillah or some sort of transliterated holiday machzor. Seriously, guys, the Conservative Movement has transliterations for the High Holidays, why can't you?

Also, I realize the cantor is in mourning for her lifelong friend and mentor Pavoratti, but doing her impression of him while attempting to get through services really isn't helping anything.

Finally, many thanks to the shul's community library, which gave me a chance to snag a book actually printed in English, and thereby have something to do this morning (shut up, In My Father's Court is a totally acceptable siddur substitute. I probably got more Jew-points from that than most of the people sitting with me.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. My name is Eugene Gershin. I'd like to welcome you to Obadiah Shoher's blog, Samson Blinded: A Machiavellian Perspective on the Middle East Conflict.

Obadiah is a pen name of a politician. He writes extremely controversial articles about Israel, the Middle East politics, and terrorism.

Obadiah advocates political rationalism instead of moralizing. He is economic liberal and political conservative.

Google refused advertising our site and Amazon deleted reviews of Obadiah's book. Nevertheless, Obadiah’s is the largest Jewish personal blog, read by more than 100,000 people monthly. 210,000 people from 81 countries downloaded Obadiah’s book. The blog was voted the best overall in People’s Choice: Jewish and Israeli blogs Awards, received Webby Honoree and other awards.

Please help us spread Obadiah's message, and mention the blog in one of your posts, or link to us. We would greatly appreciate your comments at www.samsonblinded.org/blog



Best wishes,

Eugene Gershin

Jewrusalem.net – Israeli Uncensored News