Saturday, July 08, 2006

Remember that Futurama Episode?

From back in the day:

On the TV, candidate Jack Johnson is debating candidate John Jackson.

Johnson: It's time someone had the courage to stand up and say: I'm
against those things that everybody hates!
Jackson: Now, I respect my opponent. I think he's a good man. But,
quite frankly, I agree with everything he just said!
Fry: These are the candidates? They sound like clones.
[Squints] Wait a minute. They are clones!
Leela: Don't let their identical DNA fool you. They differ on some
key issues.
Johnson: I say your three cent titanium tax goes too far!
Jackson: And I say your three cent titanium tax doesn't go too far
enough!

Just Matt Groening's high-larity, some might say? Well, suck on this:
Poland leads the way in dubious political descisions- again.

The twin brother of Poland's president has been chosen by the governing Law and Justice party to take over as head of government, after the prime minister formally submits his resignation on Monday. The political infighting could make Poland the only country with identical twins as president and prime minister.

A picture of the lucky couple:





The punims! They BUUUURN!







Jesus. They look like Biblo Baggins after a few months of ring-withdrawl. Can you really picture these guys on a 100-zloty bill?


(Hey, Jed doesn't have any plans to run for Prez, does he? What about Marvin or Neil? Seriously, I mean, we know Bush isn't big on the separation of powers, and he seems to have some unexplained hard-on for Poland. Just... let me know if you hear anything, ok?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeb Bush keeps saying he won't run for President, and true-blue Floridans like Carl Hiassen think he's telling the truth. I don't know about Marvin, but Neil Bush once testified under oath that he has herpes.

All things considered, I think they're banking on finding someone close to the family to hold the fort until George Prescott is old enough to run.

Dvd Avins said...

Jeb's said he won't run in 2008, but has he said he won't run ever? I haven't heard that.