Sunday, July 09, 2006

Usually I can't stand Netanyahu...

But this excerpt from the Muqata was pretty impressive. Knowing Bibi, it could just be more rhetoric for his next campaign, but I think that the sentiment, even if he's just faking it, is quite powerful.

Interviewer: Some say that the entire raid of Entebbe was not worth it because of the death of Yoni Netanyahu. Do you agree? It was your brother...

Bibi: That's a very difficult question...and we miss him terribly, but there's the statement, "Whoever saves one life from Israel -- it is as if he saved an entire world". At the raid of Entebbe, because of that operation over 100 people were saved. That's 100 worlds...that were saved because of Yoni.

Interviewer: So you agree that Israel should not negotiate with terrorists over the release of Gilad Shalit?

Bibi: I'm not 99% certain, I'm 100% certain -- and we will continue to support Olmert 100% -- as long as he does not negotiate with terrorists.

Interviewer: And if you were prime minister now, and it was your son who was held hostage instead of Gilad Shalit...you wouldn't negotiate and do everything to get your son back?

Bibi: If it were me in that situation, I would remove myself from the decision making process because you cannot negotiate with terrorists, and I wouldn't be objective.

Food for thought.

No comments: