Friday, February 16, 2007

"Pharasaic Plot" Fall-out

Round and round it goes...

And who's to blame? Not either of the lawmakers- because they didn't read what they were talking about! Oh, well in that case...

Bridges (R-Cleveland) denies having anything to do with the memo. But one of his constituents said he wrote the memo with Bridges’ approval before it was recently distributed to lawmakers in several states, including Texas, California, New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Ohio.

“Indisputable evidence — long hidden but now available to everyone — demonstrates conclusively that so-called ‘secular evolution science’ is the Big-Bang 15-billion-year alternate ‘creation scenario’ of the Pharisee Religion,” the memo says. “This scenario is derived concept-for-concept from Rabbinic writings in the mystic ‘holy book’ Kabbala dating back at least two millennia.”

...Bridges denied writing or authorizing the memo.

“I did not put it out nor did I know it was going out,” Bridges said. “I’m not defending it or taking up for it.”

The memo directs supporters to call Marshall Hall, president of the Fair Education Foundation Inc., a Cornelia, Ga.-based organization that seeks to show evolution is a myth. Hall said he showed Bridges the text of the memo and got his permission to distribute it.

“I gave him a copy of it months ago,” said Hall, a retired high school teacher. “I had already written this up as an idea to present to him so he could see what it was and what we were thinking.”

Hall said his wife Bonnie has served as Bridges’ campaign manager since 1996.

Bridges acknowledged that he talked to Hall about filing legislation this year that would end the teaching of evolution in Georgia’s public schools. Bridges said the views in the memo belong to Hall, though Bridges said he doesn’t necessarily disagree with them.

...Asked about the ADL’s call for an apology, Bridges said: “I regret that these people have been offended, but I didn’t offend them because I didn’t put the memo out.”


So he's lazy AND a jackass. Well, at least the Texan is a little better.

The stuff that causes conflicts between religious beliefs, you know, I’d never be a party to that,” Texas House Appropriations Chairman Warren Chisum told the Morning News Wednesday. “I’m willing to apologize if I’ve offended anyone.”

The newspaper reported Chisum made his comments after he learned the Anti-Defamation League was demanding an apology in a letter to his office.


So tell me, why is, "I'm an idiot who doesn't read things before trying to turn them INTO LAW" a better excuse than, "I'm a bigoted moron?" I hope to God that these two schmoes don't get re-elected. But I'm sure that, rather than seeing this as a disturbing indication of just how little attention these people pay to their jobs, it will instead be shrugged off by voters and analysts.

FORGET the fact that it's antisemitic nonsense. Both of these dopes tried to make this crap law, having no idea of where the ideas were coming from. I can deal with Einstein being a Masonic Kabbalist Devil-worshiper. It's the inanity of the system that scares me.

No comments: