Friday, August 25, 2006

In which Great-Uncle Milt owes me five bucks

Hey, Milt. Remember this, from a few weeks ago? You thought it was oh-so-crucial that I read this stupid rant by some supposed Middle-East expert about how Iran was going to "answer" the US on Aug 22, presumably by blowing the shit out of something?

What is the significance of Aug. 22? This year, Aug. 22 corresponds, in the Islamic calendar, to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to "the farthest mosque," usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (c.f., Koran XVII.1). This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and if necessary of the world. It is far from certain that Mr. Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for Aug. 22. But it would be wise to bear the possibility in mind.

Yeah, well, I think you owe me an apology.

What was the Great Anti-Satan's ACTUAL response? "No". No explosions, no dead Americans... a frigging press converence. Oh, the humanity!

So... Milt... when can I expect that apology for wasting my time and hurting my brain? Better yet, when will we see apologies from the Wall Street Journal, FrontPageMag and the other net and print- scandal rags that beat Americans over the head with "Aug 22= doomsday" for the past month?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you really have a cantankerous great-uncle Milt? Because I do too! Mine's a lefty, though.

Friar Yid (not Shlita) said...

No, it's just a pseudonym to protect the stupid. Also, me.